- 1st – 30+ Female 4 x 4km – 1:09.26
- 1st – 70+ Male 4 x 4km – 1:30.40
- 2nd – U16 Female 4 x 3km – 48.43
- 3rd – U20 Male 4 x 3km – 40.50
- 3rd – U18 Female 4 x 3km – 46.25
- 4th – 50+ Male 4 x 4km – 1:08.01
- 4th – U20 Female 4 x 3km – 53.55
- 5th – U14 Male 4 x 2km – 31.57
- 5th – U12 Female 4 x 2km – 44.00
- 7th – 50+ Male 4 x 4km – 1:12.50
- 8th – U20 Male 4 x 3km – 49.45
- 9th – U14 Female 4 x 2km – 34.34
- 10th – U16 Male 4 x 3km – 46.38
Saturday 25th May 2019 at Miranda Park
UNDER 12 FEMALE (12:00 PM) – COORDINATOR: Debbie Bauer
- Alyssa Karaman
- Paige Bauer
- Lily Molachino
- A. N. Other
UNDER 14 FEMALE (12:00 PM) – COORDINATOR: Jenny Buckley
- Keira Bauer
- Tara Gentle
- Sienna Wright
- Kayleigh O’Donohue
UNDER 14 MALE (12:00 PM) – COORDINATOR: Brooke Daniel
- Henry Daniel
- Dane Mitchell
- Riley Fong
- Jone Tuqiri
UNDER 16 FEMALE (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Debbie Bauer
- Eloise Carey
- Ada Rand
- Charlotte Jones
- Keira Bauer
UNDER 16 MALE (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Alia Karaman
- Aidan Karaman
- Josh Hewitt
- Dane Mitchell
- Eloise Carey
UNDER 18 FEMALE (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Dave Carey
- Emma Blanch
- Lauren Carey
- Indie Seccombe
- Jessie Phelps
UNDER 20 FEMALE (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Ron Gribble
- Chloe Gentle
- Imogen Gribble
- Talara Scarr
- Eve Way
UNDER 20 MALE ‘A’ (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Kent Macmillan
- Finn Macmillan
- Kai Hammond
- Zac Keelan
- Joel Wooldridge
UNDER 20 MALE ‘B’ (12:40 PM) – COORDINATOR: Karen Goschnik
- Luke Goschnik
- Jordan Awad
- Andrew Goschnik
- Rowan Tan
OPEN MALE- Individual (3:00 PM) – Nathan Breen
OPEN FEMALE- Individual (1:35 PM) – Lauren Carey
30+ FEMALE (1:35 PM) – COORDINATOR: Alia Karaman
- Alia Karaman
- Mel Campbell
- Gemma Jenkins
- Suzanne Harrington
50+ MALE ‘A’ (1:35 PM) – COORDINATOR: Dave Sullivan
- Dave Sullivan
- Paul Arthur
- Boey Alam
- Bryce England
50+ MALE ‘B’ (1:35 PM) – COORDINATOR: Dave Kistle
- John Peter
- Dave Kistle
- Chris Mullen
- Louis Stergio
- Individual Run: Ilyas Karaman
- Individual Run: Jock Campbell
Note: 50+ Male A and B teams are provisional and will be confirmed on the day
70+ MALE (1:35 PM)- COORDINATOR: Peter Fitzpatrick
- Rod Arnold
- Peter Fitzpatrick
- Ray Millett
- Frank Scorzelli
Individual Run: Chris Maver
- 12:00pm- U12, U14 Male & Female (4x2km)
- 12:40pm- U16, U18, U20 Male & Female (4x3km)
- 1:35pm- OPEN, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+, 70+, 80+ Female; 50+, 60+, 70+, 80+ Male (4x4km)
- 3:00pm- OPEN, 30+, 40+ Male (4x4km)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- Please read carefully
- Please note that these teams are a DRAFT only and can be changed for any reason.
- Teams have been selected based on performances during 2019
- Please arrive at the venue at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and report to your team coordinator at the club tent (located on the hill adjacent to the Kingsway)
- All athletes must wear their club uniform (St. George singlet/crop top with black or red shorts/tights) with ANSW registration numbers worn front and back. Athletics NSW has advised that athletes will be disqualified if not wearing their correct club uniform and registration numbers. Bib numbers can be collected on the day if you do not have them.
- Club uniforms will be available for purchase on the day (in the club tent) if you do not currently have one
- TEAM COORDINATORS- A coordinator has been appointed to each team. Their role is to check all team members are present, organise running order, enter the team and distribute timing chips to correct runners. If you have been appointed as a team coordinator, please see Greg Breen on arrival at the venue.
- If for whatever reason you have been named in a team and you can no longer compete, please notify Greg Breen as soon as possible so we can organise a replacement.
- If you have been left off the list, please contact Greg Breen ASAP
- Any athlete who has not been selected in a team (with “Individual Run” next to their name) may run the first leg as individuals. Please see Greg Breen on the day.
- All team entry fees (including individuals) will be paid for by the club.
Thank you to all runners who will be representing St. George this year.
Please stay around after your race to support ALL St. George teams.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the day and we wish every team the best of luck.
SGDAC Distance Secretary
SGDAC Cross Country Captain
Awards Presentation and AGM Sat 8 June 2019 at Scarborough from 2:45pm
I formally advise that after our Womens Club Championships we will be holding our AGM and Awards Presentation, details as above. For the benefit of newer members, the Awards are for the 2018 Cross Country and 2018/19 Track & Field season. We then celebrate with afternoon tea, so please bring a plate of food to share.
The Annual General Meeting involves the presentation of various reports and the election of the Committee. The existing committee stands down, and may re-nominate. This year we have two vacancies. Members are always entitled to nominate, regardless of vacancies. For administrative convenience, nominations are to be received by close of business Monday 3 June 2019. Nomination and proxy forms are being added to this site and all committee members with email have them including firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Kistle, General Secretary, SGDAC
The Sydney Morning Half Marathon is to be held on Sunday 19th May 2019. We are asking for volunteers to assist and in turn St George receives a welcome donation. The wheelchair race starts at 6.15 am and volunteers would be required to be in the city early. However, it is a good opportunity to view the race and also help St George earn some extra finances.
Our club uses the funds to enter teams in relay events (Distance and Track and Field) and also to help athletes compete in Australian and overseas events.
If you can offer your free time for a couple of hours please notify David Kistle by email on email@example.com or phone 0438 246 363
Next Saturday, 4th May 2019, is the Sydney 10 – one of the flattest and fastest road races in Australia, finishing on the iconic blue track at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre.
The event doubles as the NSW Road Running Championships (for both individuals and club teams), with the following outlining which distances will be offered for each age group in these championships…
10KM- Open Male & Female, Masters Male & Female, U20 Male
5KM- U16 Male & Female, U18 Male & Female, U20 Female
2KM- U12 Male & Female, U14 Male & Female
We encourage as many people as possible to get involved, so we can fill teams.
I hereby give notice that on Saturday 18 May 2018 the Committee will be nominating
Dave Kistle for Life Membership of our club.
The qualification for Life Membership is outstanding and continuous service to our club for a minimum period of 5 years for positions such as General Secretary otherwise 15 years
(section 7 of our Club Constitution).
We will hold a general meeting, to vote on this at
Syd Frost Hall, Hawthorne St, Ramsgate on Saturday 18 May 2019 after the first race – approximately 2pm.
The nominated member will have served the club as General Secretary for 5 years by the AGM and as a Committee Member for 6 years. He has performed tasks such as organising meetings, preparing minutes, correspondence with Athletics NSW, communication with all levels of government, fundraising through sourcing grants and organising volunteering, coordinating and contributing to the Annual Report, attending to team and member enquiries, researching records, Summer Cross Country administration, First Aid availability, volunteering as an ANSW Technical Official, preparing this notice, advocating for the Albie Thomas Athletics Centre, administration and policy work, publicity.
Notice Period (s.25)
We have to give notice of any general meeting by posting this on our website or by prepaid post. We will save costs by posting this information on Facebook (which appears on our website), our website, and supplement this by emailing all members and posting this notice at Syd Frost Hall, Hawthorne St, Ramsgate on Saturday 20 April 2019.
Can I make a proxy vote? (s31)
Yes, if you inform the Secretary by 24hrs before the meeting who will be voting on your behalf and if you use the correct form (Club Constitution- Appendix 2). This form was previously on our old website. We will endeavour to make proxy forms available on request.
Members can hold no more than 5 proxy votes for others.
How many votes are required? (ss 26(2), 7)
The motion for the Award will be passed if there are at least 9 financial members present and at least a three-quarters majority of those present and voting vote in favour.
If successful the nominee will receive the award at the AGM on Sat 8 June 2019 at the same venue.
Dave Kistle, General Secretary SGDAC
The St George Classic, aka Novice Championship, was held on 13th April 2019 at Scarborough Park. The weather was favourable but some runners found it a bit warm. Congratulations to all our athletes. Results for the earlier races can be found on Results – Round 4
Female 7 km Novice
Male 10 km Novice
Open 7km Race
Open 10 km Race
The St George Classic encompasses a range of events from 2 km to 10 km distances. The event is held on the beautiful trails of Scarborough Park, Ramsgate. Furthermore, throughout the day there will be captivating race callers, food and beverage stalls and entertaining music.
The 2019 St George Classic incorporates the 2019 NSW Cross Country Novice Championship as part of the event.
DATE –Saturday 13th April, 2019
VENUE –Scarborough Park – Hawthorne Street, Ramsgate (near the Hawthorne Reserve Tennis Courts)
- 12.20pm 2km
- 12:35pm 3km
- 1:00pm 4km
- 1:30pm 7km Women’s Novice Championships
- 1:40pm 7km All Comers
- 2:20pm 10km Men’s Novice Championships
- 2:30pm 10km All Comers
We will be holding a presentation at Scarborough Park on Saturday 6th April 2019 at the conclusion of the Division 3 race (between 2 and 2:30pm).